Saturday 31 March 2012

Team Corley Crits

Today was another race at MK bowl, I got there to see the last half of the 4th cat race where Dave Anson was keeping a good postion near the front of the bunch untill be was unlucky enough to get dropped. Jered Allcock also did well in his first ever race to stay with the bunch and not get dropped, he also took the photo at the top of this blog post. As I started to warm up I found it was very cold and after a while I went to the car to get some mitts with no fingers so they did not help and came off before the race. On the start line I was right at the front with Nick Baker a rider from Zappi's, and as we started I jumped on his wheel and we went down the hill round afew bends and I looked round and saw we had a gap. I shouted we've got a gap, GO! and we got the pace up and made some people suffer but we got closed down. After flowing a few attacks and staying near the front it was time for a sprint for money! I think this was the second one and with a team Corley rider up the road the guy infront of me started to sprint and I was straight on his wheel and then he moved over a left a long sprint for me so I kept going telling myself I could win that £10! But as I got closer to the line so did the Team Corley guy and just on the line he beat me by half a wheel. I was disappointed but told myself to get over it and get on with the race. With loads of breakaways and many attacks we got to five laps to go after an hours racing the pace went up and stayed up. Crossing the line and hearing the bell was great because we only had one lap left. After getting round all the bend we got back on the bowl and the sprint started and I was staying up there in the top 6 or 7 and we moved across the whole road and as we crossed the line I counted 5 or 6 people beat me plus 3 in a breakaway so i may have got some points. Nick also won the race from the break.



Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. I really wanted to participate to a race like that before but i can't because of unhealthy. I just play instead of remote control cars and race with the others. That's a cool a venture i might say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racing is always fun no matter what the sport :)

    ReplyDelete