Monday 6 August 2012

Leiden Plaque

Yesterday was an 25 mile time trial on the best 25 course I've done this year, the reason it's the best is because it is mostly flat.  I started off without my heart rate monitor as it broke a few days ago, and now only have speed to go by (old school training/racing?) I started off the TT easier than I normally would and unsure how hard to go but soon settled into the rhythm And could see two riders ahead and so I kept my effort steady and closed the gap passed the first and then the second,  and until this point it felt quick as my average speed was near 28 mph then I hit a section of road that felt slow and it was, I thought maybe it was a head wind or maybe the wind had changed direction.  Anyway soon after that it started raining very very hard, so hard I could hear it banging quite hard on my aero helmet, I tried to pull my sunglasses down to see over them but the rain was hurting my eyes too much!  As I got wetter and wetter I was hoping to get to the turn and try and get and away from the rain.  As I neared the turn I could see two people quite close who I thought I could catch, ans so as I went very careful round the roundabout as I know how little grip my rear tire has.  I got back upto speed again and passed the next guy and then another and I would not see anyone else again till the finish.  The rest of the race was spent trying to get round puddles and trying to kep the pace high.  And as I got to the last two roundabout I started to feel happy as it would be over soon.  From the last roundabout to the finish I pushed as hard as I could and the I hit the last hill looked to the time and I thought I could do a sub 58 so I sprinted as hard as I could and crossed the line in a time of 57:51 and I was happy with that as it was a PB and in crap weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment