Monday 13 August 2012

Coventry CC open 25


Saturday was the Coventry CC open 25 on the hillyish 25 course and it was a bit warm and I started off feeling quite good and managed hunt down someone and pass them then I was soon on the dual carriageway with a good tale wind and felt like I was flying.  And then I started to turn round I hit the head wind and it was up hill but I still felt good and kept it going well.  As I passed the start Matt Clinton was just starting off and so for a few moments I had overtaken him but I found out after that he started in the small ring.  He soon came past me on the downhill bit so I tried to keep him in sight for awhile but in the end he got away.  The dual carriageway was fast again and I felt strong for the last few miles where it was slow but I pushed hard though there to get to the line about 2 or 3 bike lengths behind the old man who started out 5 mins in front of me!  I also did a PB of 56:48 not bad after my PB less than a week ago!!

Thanks for reading
Results are here


No comments:

Post a Comment