Thursday 9 August 2012

BSCC 13

Last night was the 13 once again and it was nice and warm without much wind making it seem like it could be a quick night, I started off near the back about number 33 out of 37 as there was alot of people who turned up.  I started off and just pushed a little hard but felt ok and soon got to the next road thinking it would be quicker along there but no it wasn't and the next road was the same, I wasn't catching anyone so just kept pushing hard.  On the last road towards the finish I was just starting to lose focus and day dream and all of a sudden Jon Simpkins came flying past me and I tried to keep pace with him but he started to pull the gap out bigger and then he was out of sight as the road twisted and turned.  I kept pushing hard and on the sharp bend I got round there very quick as I was pushing hard and then sprinted out and to the down hill bit to then have a rest.  The last hill was done flat out as normal and I got over the top and pushed hard to the finish and got to the line feeling abit sick from the effort but in a time of 29:07 8 seconds off my PB so not too bad, in fact I'm quite happy with that.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment