Thursday 29 March 2012

A5 rangers 5 mile TT and I won!

Last night was the A5 rangers 5 mile TT and after a busy day with an interview in the morning and helping the old man with his garden, I did have some time to relax and get ready but we where soon at the door. We got to the course early so we drove around to my dad could see where to go, after signing on and doing a bit of a warm up it was soon time to pin on numbers and get ready to do battle! after warming up as much as I could I was soon on the start line and getting ready to go. As I started I pushed a bit but not too much as it was down hill but the road soon went sky ward and I found myself trying to give everything trying to keep the pace up and as I went over I got back into TT mode. The next hill was not too far away and I dragged myself up there telling myself to keep pushing and all down hill now but there was a few drags on the dual carrageway. As I got to the turn nearly 8 mins into it I got round the roundabout and could see some one up the road so I hammered it and got upto the and past him who was my 2 min man and kept the legs turning and hurting as much as I could. with finish in sight I pushered harder to the point I could not have gone any faster and I crossed the line in 00:11:40 I tried not to be sick but I had to stop and came very close to puking my gets up on the side of the road but after a drink I was fine again.




Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment