Monday 26 March 2012

Bill Jinks RR

The Bill Jinks road race was my first race of the year on the road, and it was a nice hot day for it, maybe too hot as I got a bit dehtdrated towards the end. The race started with a rolling start from the HQ to the bottom of the last hill where we had to stop and then get going again. The first lap was the fastest and I felt ok I was keeping near to the front, but not many chances to drink from my bidons. As the laps counted down I kept telling myself to eat but still no, points where it would ease up enough to grab some food. After about 5 or 6 laps (of the 10) I grabed a banana and eat it quick as we went over the line. after about 40 miles I started to feel not so good, the heat was getting to me and the last 15 miles were harder. As the race got to 1 lap to go the pace was up in some parts, but this was our slowest lap by 38 seconds and as we got closer to the finishes it bunched up and I was in the top half but could not move up. On the final climb I was moved up alot as many people could not keep the pace going, but on the last bend I tried to dive though a space but the guy on my right moved over and pushed me into the guy on the left, this slowed me down and made me think oh sh*t but we all stayed up right, and I managed to start sprinting again but I had last off my speed and was trying to hang on and crossed the line in maybe the top 30 or 40. It was after the race I started to feel the dehydration, I had a headahe, sore throat and felt realy bad.

I still don't feel great but am feeling better. Note to self drink more water!




Thanks for reading
Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment