Sunday 4 March 2012

Banbury Star Hard riders


Today was the Banbury Star open time trial, it was a wet cold day that got wetter and colder! I got to the HQ in plenty of time and signed on and with my start time of 10:32 I started warming up at 10:00 but went back to the HQ twice to get more kit to keep me warm. After a short warm up I felt ok and and not too wet. Once I started I got up to speed and felt good and soon caught my minute man after about 10 mins and soon after I had to go down a small hill and up another small hill with a BIG puddle across the road I got though it ok and soon got to Sunrising hill - A big hill that is worst to go down the come up! I went around the first bend and soon started breaking for the next bend that was a hair pin bend. Once around the speed went up and I got on the aero bars and caught another rider, and hoping I would get to 50 mph like I did the other day down that hill, sadly I didn't. I kept the pace going on the way out and by the time I got to the turn I had passed loads of people and was returning back to the finish with it snowing quite hard in places. I did pass a few more people on the way back and started to ease off as I got closer to Sunrising, this helped but after I got up the first bit it eased off and I was told I was 18 seconds down. at this point my plan was to drag myself up Sunrising and and push it hard all the way back. As I climb up the hair pin I just stayed in the saddle and kept going and by the time I got to the top I was so happy that it was mainly flat on the way home. I drove the pace as hard as I could but I went down the hill to the big puddle and as I rode though it, it felt like someone put the brakes on. As I got nearer to the finish I was catching two more people but a lorry overtook me and then slowed down so I took a chance and overtook it and was luckily Ok and I then crossed the line in 59:01 on a hard, hard day. My time was the fastest so far by a min and 21 seconds but after the fast boys came in I was 4th and very happy with that.



Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment