Saturday 17 March 2012

A5 rangers hilly

Today was the A5 rangers hilly 31 mile time trial, I had been told all week it was going to rain today and it would be wet but it turned out nice, not too hot and only a bit damp on the roads. After a long warm up I was feeling good and was looking foward to it and once I started I felt ok but as the TT went on I felt even better. As soon as I got onto the A5 I could see people up the road and started to hunt them down. By the end of the A5 I had passed a few people as the route turned round it kicked up hill and I was catching my minute man and I was pushing hard to over take him and I looked at my heart rate monitor as I was in the 180's (above threshold) and as the road went around it kept going up so I had to keep going and as it got flater a few dogs barked and I think that may have made me go a bit faster! I kept the pace high and tried to keep climbing as fast as I could. Once I got to the end of the first lap my time was 38 mins and counting I kept the pace high and knew I could keep going for another lap Once I was at the end of the A5 for a second time I turned left and then got held up by a car that stopped at the tunnels and I had to slow right down but I don't think it cost me too much time. The next hill I had a plan not to big ring it half way up again but to spin up there and as I did I passed about three people. I was feeling good so I had a gel and then not long after number 30 came past me (I think he was 2nd in the end) so I tried to keep him in my sights down the hill and on the next uphill I managed to over take him again but on the flat at the top he then overtook me again. As I got to the last road I pushed as hard as I could to get to the finish and I did a time of 1:18:06 to get 7th and I think this is my second win towards the SPOCO series...

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment