Thursday 23 June 2011

Warwick and back time trial


Last night was the warwick and back 30 mile time trial. I never know what to write in a blog post about time trials. As I was on the start line I felt good and I was sure of that when I passed my minute man (my dad) about 5 miles into it. Behind me was some fast testers (Jon Simpkins and Luke Souter) chasing me. it was not long before Jon over took me and that was not a surprise. By the time I got out to the turn I set myself a goal to try and catch ever in front of me, only 10 people how hard could it be? As I was returning it was mostly up hill from the turn, and I still kept going and felt good. With two hills left I had caught every one in front of me and the only person ahead of me was Jon or so I thought, as it turns out he went the wrong way at the roundabout because he beat the marshal there and continued to do the old course so I ended up being first back and wining it by a second and a junior course record and I am very happy with that.

Some stats
Max speed 50.3mph
Average speed 24.7mph

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment