Friday 17 June 2011

Corley cycles summer series 9

Breakaway! After passing the elites race

Last night I raced at Milton Keynes bowl it was half on the inside and half on the extra as normal. After we did half a lap I attacked and no one went with me so I kept going and did a few laps on my own and caught the elites race and passed it, and just as I got past them they sped up and left me so I kept my own pace and felt good. Soon after another rider caught me and we worked well together for a few more laps catching the elites and then getting dropped by them a few times until he dropped off. Then I was left on my own and I think the bunch started attacking when the saw my breakaway partner dropping off. After a few laps on my own two riders, Chris Dredge (Team Milton Keynes) and Mike Betts (team Zappi) bridged the gap to me and we worked well together and one last rider Will Jenkins (team Synergy) made it up to us and we pulled out a good lead. Thus brings us to the point I started suffering and after a few bad laps I then got better again and towards the end felt like I was not fatiguing to much. As the laps counted down I hung in there and then with about half a lap to go I felt good again but when it came to the sprint I could not go with Chris and Will so just kept my speed up to roll over 3rd. As a team we had a good night, me 3rd, Mike Betts 4th and Henry Latimer powered to win the bunch sprint and get 5th pace.

Me, Chris and Mike working together

All four in the break

Thanks for reading
Will post results soon

No comments:

Post a Comment