Monday 6 June 2011

National 25 mile time trial

On the start ramp

Yesterday was the national 25 mile time trial championships down in Devon. The course was great because it started in a town centre and had closed roads for about half a mile before joining a main road out to the roundabout. At the start there was a start ramp, a crowd and even a jazz band, when I started I was on top of the ramp and when the time keeper said go I sprinted as fast as I could to the end and on the aero bar thought the first bend. On the descent thought the town I hit 40 mph in the 30 zone and sat up to slow down to get around the bend at the bottom. Once on the main road it was out to the roundabout turn around and head back. On the way out I passed the finish on the right and the road was up and down a lot and I don't think any of it was flat and it even rained in one bit in the middle. Once I got to the roundabout to turn around I got held up a bit by a car but got round the roundabout and got going again, it then seem very hard on the way back. On the way back I got to the bit where it had been raining and the road was very wet and I had to go down a hill with a few bends at the bottom with it very wet so I took it easy round the bends and after about a mile it was dry again. By the time I got to the finish I was glad to get there and I crossed the line in a time of 01:02:44 as it turns out it was a very slow course with the hills and so I don't think that was too bad and only and 1 min 46 off my team mate Henry Latimer.

Results for my race are here

The winner was Ryan Mullen in the junior and in the men Dr. Hutch won in 53:36 and Julia Shaw won in a time of 59:20 with another team mate Chrissy Radon second.

Results: Men Women






There is a video here of most people in the race, I'm in it at 5:10

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment