Thursday 9 June 2011

Banbury Star 25 again

Last night was the Banbury Star 25 mile time trial again and this this time there was more of a cross wind than last time and it did not feel like it helped that much. After starting I felt good and felt quick but once getting to the turn at the second roundabout it was all up hill again until I passed the start then there was a nice descent to get the speed up. I was getting near to the next turn around point and had a good idea to eat an energy gel on the down hill bit unlike last where I had it going up the hill. After tuning round I saw the fast guys, Luke Souter and Jon Simpkins coming towards me very quickly and after that my goal was to get to the finish before them. Coming up the last hill a short 10% climb I just sat on the aero bars and passed my dad (the same place as last time) and went passed him feeling very happy. I then got to the finish line in a time of 58:55 a new PB, reached my goal and 2nd place! The Handicap part was won by Suzy Patience who also did a quick time of 01:06:53 for her first 25 mile time trial.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment