Saturday 10 April 2010

Stratford CC open 10

Sorry no picture

Today was the Stratford CC open 10 mile and it was a nice warm day on a fairly fast course. The start was very good because it was on a slope so as I came down to the first roundabout I had picked up some speed and onto the dual carriage way. Riding down to the next roundabout was very fast because it was nice and flat, turning around was good the roundabout was clear so I did not have to slow down. Coming back was a bit slower but not by much, at the last roundabout there I had to go right so as I was going around there was a car on my left (that went straight on) and I was slowly passing it. as I turned off the round about the road sloped up a bit and as I got near to the top I passed my first rider and still felt OK, I then turned off for a fast ride down to the finish. Going down I was passed by a rider (the first to pass me) and I tried to adjust my pace to keep him in sight. Just over the finish line I felt a bit sick but looked at my bike computer to see the average speed just over 26mph, I now have a new open 10 personal best of 22:59.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment