Sunday 25 April 2010

First road race on the road today

Just starting off

Today was my first road race on the road and it was very wet! Themes velo road race 3/4/J/W, 43 miles. The race was a rolling start and I felt not too bad when they sped up, not long after the race started the person in front off me went to have a drink and as he put his bottle in his bottle cage he dropped it and I just clipped it with my front wheel but I stayed upright and so did every one else. The bunch sped up and slowed down a bit over the race but not too bad and the small hill on each lap was harder paced going down the other side than going up. In the last two miles Coming to the finish the sun came out at last within the last mile there was a small kick up and then a bit flat before the finish line and as I went up the up hill I was out of the saddle sprinting hard and passing people and be passed by a few, once at the top I sat down and sprinted hard and passed a few more riders and got to the finish line 27th out of 77 and am very happy with that place.

Thanks for reading
Results here
video here

No comments:

Post a Comment