Sunday 11 April 2010

Speedwell BC 28 miles

Me at the finish
Today was speedwell BC 28 mile time trial and it was another well organized event, the course was hilly but not too bad. As I started and turned off my computer sensor got court in the wheel and was hanging but hitting the spokes but as it fell down it was just staying on of the wheel. The course was very fast to start with (I think?) but as you turn off it gets more hilly towards the finish, as I finish the first lap I was wondering if I should stop and drop my wheel out to get the sensor off but in the end I did not. It was that nice fast part again and this time I felt like i was going even faster but then there was that turn off again and that meant a bit of a cross wind but not that bad. As I turned off heading towards the finish line I was on the small chain ring spinning up a hill feeling good, But then as the road got a bit more flat I tried to put it on the big ring and the chain went too far over and I could not get it back on the chain ring. I then stopped and tryed to get it on but after all that effort so far my hands where shaking a bit and I was started to get worried about my time so two people over took me and I just got my chain on and sprinted away as hard as I could but it was no good because coming to the finish I just could not keep my speed going and I felt I kept slowing down even more, and to make things worst I was to busy trying to do well I shouted the wrong number (18 because I was thinking of the day before, I should of 17). I thought when I finished I had lost too much time trying to get my chain on, But at the finish it turned out I had won out of the women and junior (because I was the only junior I was put in with the women) I had first place and even tho I hand bike trouble.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment