Sunday 25 September 2011

Warwickshire RC 2 stage hill climbs

Photo by Mick Stallard

Today was 2 hill climbs by the Warwickshire Road Club. First was Saintbury hill and after warming pretty well and rolling up and down the road before I had to start, I felt good. On the start line I was ready to go and soon I was off and sat in the saddle trying to power my way up the hill. As I was on the steep part I could see my minute man and I managed to turn the 39x25 over by standing up and powering my way to him and as I got around him the hill started to ease off a bit and I could change up a gear. But then I hit the next steep bit and I was again down to bottom gear but once over that I could see the finish line and I went up a gear or two to dig deep and get to the line, I crossed the line in a time of 7:27. something and was winning for a few mins until lots of people went a bit faster.





After getting back to the HQ and seeing what time I had done and laying down in the boot of the car, it was time to try and get warmed up again ready for the next climb. While warming up I suddenly realised I had not eaten anything since breakfast but then as I got near to the start I forgot about that. On the start line for a second time today I felt good and knew this hill is shorter than the last. I was soon off and once again I was climbing in the saddle with getting out of the saddle to try and use some different muscles and then I managed to get up to my minute man again and go past. But as I climbed I had a song by the Bloodhound gang stuck in my head that I think may have helped me to get up there but as I got near to the top and could hear people cheering I felt I was pushing as hard as I could and once over the line I did 5:02.6 and was very close to being sick at the top of the hill but luckily I was not! I found out I managed to get 4th junior with some prize money, so it was a good day racing.


Thanks for reading
results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment