Sunday 9 October 2011

Leamington C&AC hill climb

Today I got up as normal to go out on the club run and got 54 miles in the legs and then I got home and started getting ready for today's hill climb. The climb was Edge hill a climb not too far away but I drove there. I signed on and warmed up and was getting ready for the pain about to come. Soon after starting I felt good but knew it was best not to go to hard at this point, as I climbed it hurt more and more. half way up the hill was loads of MTBers (mostly pushing there bikes up) as I went round them I felt a little happy knowing that it could be harder. As I got up to one of the MTBers I went round him and I looked down and saw he was trying to get on my wheel but could not stay with me. One more left to get and once round him I found it started to hurt more and more and getting near the top I looked down at my garmin to see my heart rate about 193 BPM and once over the top I dropped it down a few gears and sprinted for the line and did a 3:23 and I think about 5 th place. Not a bad effort after a longish ride in the morning.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment