Thursday 8 September 2011

BMCC 2up 10 miles TT

I've only just noticed I forgot to do a blog post about this time trial so here it is. However to start with I would like to start with Monday, and I had planed to go out for a 40 to 50 mile solo ride but after turning on the computer I got distracted. Later that day I went out mounting biking with some mates and found out why I hate it. I crashed going down a steep hill but short hill and now have cuts over my scars from my last crash. A helmet would not have helped because I went shoulder first into the ground and rolled a few time to the bottom and am still finding new cuts and bruises. Tuesday I was planing to go out but was feeling a bit sore from the crash and then Justin messaged me asking if I wanted to do the Bicester Millennium CC 2up and I said yeah!

Me and Justin were ready to start he was held upright and I had to stand behind him, but as we went I got clipped in quickly and we where off. and the first two laps went well with Justin going on the front for the fast bit with a strong tail wind and me taking up the harder bit into the headwind. After two laps a 2up pair caught us and going into the headwind I could see them and felt good I could have pulled them back slowly but I heard Justin shout and I looked round to see him suffering so eased off, I decided to do all the work on the front from there to try and get us the fastest time we could Justin managed to keep on my wheel well and we did a time of 24 something. It was a windy hard night so I think together we did well and being on my no UCI legal setup felt a lot better.

Thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. Considering the venue, it is a very formidable place to bike. Hope to see the future events of the cup

    ReplyDelete