Sunday 18 September 2011

Banbury Star open 25


Today was the Banbury star 25 mile time trial, and it was a bit cold to start with and when warming up I was still cold. At the start I had a good down hill bit to get up to speed and then a left had turn up a hill soon got me feeling a bit warm and I soon started feeling good and getting comfortable. Before turning left onto the dual carriageway I caught a rider and continued feeling good. Getting to the first roundabout I saw Jon Simpkins Stood on the side of the road who was off 2 mins in front of me, must have been unlucky and had a puncture. As I got to the next roundabout the next rider was in sight and as the road sloped upwards I managed to get closer and closer to him until I went past him. It was then another left and the road went upwards not too hard but I was starting to suffer and going up to a roundabout a lorry overtook me and slowed me down going around the roundabout. Then as I passed the start for my second lap I was feeling good and on the second lap not much happened until the last road towards the finish where I passed another rider and after passing the start again I had a good down hill bit again but as I was getting closer to another rider and a van was behind him and I could not get round the van but he turned off right and I sprinted as hard as I could for the line and did a 59:43 not my fastest but not too bad for the day.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment