Sunday 3 October 2010

Bike Blenheim Palace 2010

Today was another wet windy and cold day and I was racing the 20km time trial at Blenheim Palace. As I started off I sprinted away and got into a good pace quick and overtook a trike (they set off before juniors) and went around the first bend sat up as not to fall off on the first bend. Going around the back of the course was fun but with some not so fun descents. After the first lap I started to feel good so kept pushing hard and after my second lap had overtaken loads of trikes and other riders. My last lap was going well and after overtaking loads of people and felt like I was doing an OK time and on the last straight heading for the line I suddenly thought "wow, no ones overtaken me yet" and so I kept going and still no one passed me. As the finish line got closer I started sprinting out of the saddle and as I pushed down with my right leg felt the back wheel slip. But then I had to break very had to stop stop and my front break made the loudest noise ever as I slowed down. My time was 31 mins and 57 seconds to give me third in the junior

Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment