Friday 13 August 2010

Corley Cycles Summer MKCA Series race 17

Last night was Milton keynes bowl in the wet so the course used was just the inside loop for the hour and 5 laps. We had to race with the elites, 1st and 2nd cats but they had to start a lap down and to get any points had to lap us 3rd and 4th cats. The race luckily stayed dry but there was some standing water about but not much. In the race not much happened there was a few attacks and that was about it; there was no crashes but at the bottom of the hill we went around the bend a bit fast and I felt my back wheels slip but I was not the only one then after that the bunch took it easy around that bend. with about five laps to go the pace started getting fast but I kept in there. With 1 and a half laps to go people started trying to push me out so I just stayed in my place and up the hill heading for the bell the pace was high but I stayed there. On the last lap things settled down a bit but in the sprint up the hill heading for the line it was fast and hard but I think I was about 2nd or 3rd in the bunch sprint. There was a break away of 7 ahaed so I think I may have got a 10th place not not sure on that (will update if I find out).
Thanks for reading
Results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment