Wednesday 18 August 2010

BSCC two up 13 mile time trial

Sorry no pic

Today was the Banbury Star CC two up time trial, I did it with my club mate Justin Belcher. We started the time trial with Justin on the front and me on his wheel and got off to a flying start. We worked well together by changing over quite often; I think it worked well because I helped Justin up the hills and he helped me out on the down hills and a quite a bit on the flat. Once we had got to the last road towards the finish (the nice and fast road) we kept the pace very high and managed to catch a pair. As the road was at one of its faster points Justin got on the front and pushed the pace so fast and that was when we got to pass the first pair of two uper's. We kept going fast and kept working well together till we hit the last hill where Justin was on the front for the down hill and as we hit the hill Justin's gears went a bit funny (and I nearly went into the back of him) and we lost the pace a little bit; However I managed to over take him and try to pace him up the hill. But I may have gone a bit too hard because I droped him a little bit but I let him catch up and we cross the line in a time 29:24 and we where the fastest two up pair only beaten by Will Fox (Team Zappi) doing a solo ride. The Next fastest Two up pair was Bryony Costin and Clive Saunders from Bicester Millennium CC.

Thanks for reading
Results are here

3 comments:

  1. Very impressive Cameron and you managed to go under 30 mins. Big achievement even if it was on a 2 up. You will be going under 30 on your own next season ;)

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cameron, great ride tonight - I'm chalking that one up as a win – Will Fox may have been a bit quicker, but this was a 2-up and besides he's practically a pro now. Going sub 30 minutes for that course is impressive, first time for me too ...and first mention on your famous blog, I'm moving up in the world! Sorry about the Schleck moment with the gears, nearly blew it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marcus, I hope so

    Justin I don't Think we lost too much time with your schleck moment

    Cam

    ReplyDelete