Saturday 20 March 2010

Milton keynes bowl Starter Race 2



Today was a wet and windy race at milton keynes bowl, Today I only got lapped once and that was after 20 mins of racing so I did 2 laps by myself and when the main group came past I sped up and stayed there till the end of the race. Not much happened during the race, a few tried to break away on several occasions but got pulled back. As we charged for the finish line there was a crash in front of me and I was going to go left around it but the man and his bike slid to the left as well, So I slammed on the brakes and had nearly stopped when some came flying past me and clipped my rear mech hanger and snapped it clean off.

I was one of the lucky ones in that crash because I did not hit the ground or hurt my self but I was expecting to go over the bars, however others where not so lucky, someone was laying on the ground with a bike on top of him. Another guy was standing on the grass and it looked like he had broken his finger because it was pointing in a different direction to what it should be. After I looked to see if me and my bike were OK (I was fine, the bike not so much) I walked up to the finish line and can say at least I crossed the finish line.


The only damage to the bike

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment