Saturday 6 March 2010

Milton keynes bowl starter race 1




First race of the year today at Milton Keynes bowl as a 3rd cat racing with the big boys (men). Today's race was an hour plus 5 laps and very fast. There were three crashes but luckily I managed to avoid them even though I had to go over the grass to get round one of them. I was a bit disappointed to get lapped but once warmed up got back in the main group and stayed with them to the end. Found out about moving around within the group and once I put this into practice it was a lot better. After a few laps in the group I found I was keeping up with them without huge effort and could have sprinted faster at the end but it would have been a waste of energy because I could not have contested it. Happy to know that by the end of the race I was not last and had lapped other people.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment