Saturday 28 January 2012

Imperial Winter Series At Hillingdon Round 10

Today Me and Luke Souter from Banbury star went to Hillingdon, Luke was in the 3rd cat race and I would be in the E/1/2/3 race. On the way there Luke said I should try doing a longer warm up, and I had got ready early and was warming up I did about 3 miles and I punctured. This was not good I did not have any spare wheels or tubes! I had to wait for Luke to finish (he did well and got 11th for his first race of the year) and swap my front wheel for his (which was better than mine). I then had to time to sit on the start line and feel cold. As the race started my legs felt abit tight, but I wanted to stay near the front but as I pulled of the front it sped up I found myself not being able pedal hard my legs felt ok but my lungs would not take it, it felt like not being able to take in enough air and lungs just hurting. I ended up not being able to get on the back and gave up after that. I did a few laps waiting to be lapped where I managed to warm up a bit better and then the bunch came round again and I jumped on the back and just tried to do the race as easy as possible, but by this point I did not care. As the race went on I thought about how I could have done the start better without a warm up, like wheel hanging for a few laps. I started to get a bit warm by the half way point and ended up taking my gloves off when the race slowed down. Not much happened and I kept up with the bunch and got 30 miles in at 25mph so it was still a good training ride. In the morning I will try and do a 5 hour training ride to make up for not doing so well today.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment