Saturday 21 January 2012

Imperial Winter Series At Hillingdon Round 9


Today I raced at Hillingdon again, it was windy but it was also warmer than last week. I was right on the front on the start line and feeling ready. As we started we rolled off and got up to speed soon after. The first 10 miles or more were hard, with the strong riders on the front pushing hard in the head wind and cross wind they managed to get away and it was a big group that got away! All though the race riders kept getting away and there was loads of break up the road, we even got lapped by the leading breakaway! As we got closer to the end I felt a bit better and with 3 riders not too far ahead and 1 lap left, I attacked and got up to them hoping we could work together but one guy got away and the other two would not work with me as I pulled over to let them come though. We got caught by the bunch and I managed to sit not too far from the front and in the sprint I managed to give everything to get too the line and I think I may have come about 26th. It was a hard race with the wind but I can say it was good training.

Thanks for reading
Results here

No comments:

Post a Comment