Sunday 6 March 2011

BSCC Hard rides

First time trail of the year today on a cold morning but at least it was dry. I did this time trail last year in a time of 1:03:27 (17th place), this year I did a time of 59:39. The course has a few ups and downs and one massive hill (sun rising hill) that us lucky riders get to ride down then up. I started off and felt like I was going fast and it turned out to be a tail wind all the way to the turn around point. I was a few miles up the road and could see a rider so I tried to dig deep and catch him and by the time I got to the top of sun rising hill I was not too far behind so I went down and was catching him, after the hair pin bend I got the pedals turning and was in the 53x11 spinning out at 48 mph as I past my minute man. I then passed another rider on the way out but as I got to the turn around point I had some bad timing and had to slow right down for a car on the roundabout. As I got around the round about I found out that there had been a tail wind all the way out, and that I now had a head wind all the way to the finish line. I caught another person on the way back but after that I could not see any one in font or behind me until I got to the finish. Sun rising hill, its a painful hill that every one suffers up and it was now my turn. As I hit the hill I saw the time was on 45 minutes ish and when I got to the top 49 minutes ish, as I was climbing I was in the 42x25 only just turning the pedals but thanks to good cheering from people watching on the bends (the more painful parts for us riders) I managed to drag my self over the top and push hard all the way to the finish and get my average speed back up to just over 23 mph to just get under the hour.





Thanks for reading
Results coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment