Thursday 10 June 2010

Banbury star CC 25 mile handicap time trial

Me at the start
Last night was the Banbury star 25 mile handicap time trial and it was wet but not raining. I was no. 12 and as I started off and was feeling very fast on the road that sloped down for the first 3-4 miles, however at the first roundabout I was catching a rider with some cars behind her (no.11) and slowed down more than I wanted to. Then the next roundabout was not too bad and I turned back around to go back up the road I just came down,. But as I was trying to over take the first rider I caught a car beeped at me for no reason and made me jump a bit. up the road it was wet and dry in places but once I got to the big hill to go down (and not to go back up) I took it easy down there and only did 44 mph just giving the legs a bit of a rest and once at the bottom it felt like I was going slow but I checked my speed and it was 28 mph at that point. I was catching another rider ahead (my dad no.10) and as the road started to go up again I dropped it on to the small ring I tried to get up near him and just over the top I was into the big ring and past him. I could see another rider ahead (no.7) so made a target to catch him and pull some time out on my dad. At the turnaround point I was just caught by some one who was doing a very fast time. I was starting to find getting over the hill harder now but could see yet another two riders ahead (no.8 and no.9) as I overtook number 8 somone else overtook me soon after (also doing a very good time), coming up to a busy roundabout me and number 9 had to slow down for a car (him more than me) and I got back up to speed again. I got a bit further along and could see another rider (no.4) ahead so I passed him right before the last climb. The last hill was painful short and sharp I just sat up and tried to get over it as best I could. Nearing the end I overtook numbers 2 and 3. as I turned off the main road onto a side road for the finish I took it careful over the wet roads and there was 3 turns in the road. round the last bend and I could see the finish line and gave it all I could for the line and then sat down and uncliped my right foot to get the cramp out of my leg. My time was 1:02:57 a new PB and junior club record and with my handicap time being 53:27 I won the handicap cup.

Thanks for reading
results are here

No comments:

Post a Comment