Thursday 11 June 2009

banbury stars 36 mile solo

Last nights time trial was 36 miles and for the warm up I did about 3 miles. Once I got out there I was going very well and I got to the roundabout to turn around in 45 mins 30 seconds. I was aiming to get there in 50 mins and 50 mins back so my time would be 1 hour 40 mins. I got back in 1 hour 38 mins. When I was about 10 miles from the finsh I got very bad cramp, I tried to get out of the saddle to stand up and pedal but the cramp was so bad I had to stop for half a min because I could not pedal anymore. From there on in I just stayed in the saddle. Then a bit further down the road it started raining and by this point I just wanted to get home. About 2 miles from the finsh I got cramp in the other leg so I had to stop pedaling down this hill but I just said to myself not much further just go for it and so I did. I started off 14th and I overtook numbers 13, 9, 4 and 1.

Thanks for reading times are here

No comments:

Post a Comment