Sunday 19 September 2010

The Dulcie Walker Road Race

Today was my first long road race and it was 62.5 miles (100km). The first 25 miles started not too bad and with a few fast bit but nothing too hard but the bunch split into two groups both of about the same size - and I was in the second group. The gap between the two groups would close a little and then open even more this made the last two laps (over 30 miles) very fast and over those miles my legs where hurting and cramping mainly when I got out of the saddle. By the time we turned on to the last road heading for the finish line I was just glad to get there but the closer I got to the line the more I though about sprinting for the line so that's what I did. As we hit the last hill I was near the back and so was my club mate Justin so I moved out to the right and just kept turning the pedals as hard as I could still sitting down like ever one else trying to sprint. As I got over the line my club mate Justin just got his wheel ahead of mine and I sat up and started getting even more cramp in my left leg. as I stopped in a layby on the side of the road the cramps was hurting so much but did start to go after a while and I then found out my other club mate Luke Souter who was in the first group got 2nd.



2 comments:

  1. Well done today Cam. Looking at that video you posted on the bookface I reckon we got 13th and 14th

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, I have checked British Cycling but they don't have the results up yet.

    ReplyDelete