Sunday 23 May 2010

RTTC National Champs 10 mile

Me just after the finish
Today was the national 10 mile time trial championships hosted by Stratford CC, on a very hot day! After warming up on the turbo and drinking loads I felt OK and when I had ridden around a bit I headed to the start and stood in the shade a bit. Once I started I got up to speed quick and tried to stay there, along the dual carriageway I had no problems just a straight run out and back it was even clear at both roundabouts. However coming up the small drag I was starting to suffer and near the top I was over taken by a rider (the first and only to over take me). as I turned off heading for the finish line I was giving as much as I could and in the last mile I hurt more going down the hill than going up. I crossed the line in a time of 22:56 a new PB and club junior record.

Michael Hutchinson the winner of the mens
Thanks for reading
Results here

1 comment:

  1. Well done Cam, that is a fantastic result and you should be really proud. Thanks also to you and your parents for helping at the finish with recording the results, we need help just like that so hopefully as well as feeling proud about your ride you should feel proud that you are part of a big team who made a great national champs happen. Tom H.

    ReplyDelete