Saturday 18 April 2009

Two road races today

Race one
The first race today was only youth A rider on a nice track at Solihull , but in a few places the wind did catch me a bit. But I came away with a top ten place, I got 9th and glad of it. The race was hard and fast to start with and so I got droped but I worked up to someone and stayed behind him and then as we got laped I got on to the back of the main group and stayed with them for a few laps and then got droped again. I worked to the line by myself for 2 or 3 laps and got 9th.

Race two
The second race of the day was just as hard as the first but it was only 20 laps and the under 14 started half a lap before us. I didn't feel too bad but as we where racing I got droped again and continued cycling but I was with some one else so it was a bit easier; however 3 miles in I got out of the saddle to try and keep up with someone and I broke my bike, the cassette lock ring had come lose and as soon as I tried to give it some power the chain rings spun around and I had to stop because there was not time to fix it and that's where my races finished. When I got home it was fixed without much work so that was good.


Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment